We did the three week check on the new bees today. We suited all the way up this time, and needed to use the smoker on all of the hives. We added syrup to three of the top-feeders. One of them didn’t need it. All hives look healthy and fairly happy.
They seemed to be showing different levels of enthusiasm for drawing comb. One seemed to have done very little, one was ready for its second hive body already. Of course that one had started with probably the best comb of all of them.
We’ll be checking again in two weeks, not three, because I have hopes that at least one more hive will be ready then, and we for sure do not want a swarm.