It rained most of the day, but I got out for an hour or so in the middle of the afternoon.
The compost pile we turned has sprouted some sort of mushrooms. Meanwhile, the temperature is holding steady at 110. (This was a mostly done pile that Valerie had dumped a bunch of new weeds on late last year. I’m guessing that those are what is keeping the temperature up.) The bin we didn’t turn has also finally heated up again. This one was still cooking when winter hit early last fall, so I expected it to heat up again.
We have a whole row of what we’ve been calling “cabbage tulips” figuring they were species tulips that we bought last fall. The leaves still look like cabbage, but that bud sure looks like an allium not a tulip. And by an amazing coincidence, the plants we know are allium are getting ready to flower too.
The plumbing parts are: (left) new pump outlet, (right) old pump check valve sleeve. The disconnect is obvious. I haven’t quite figured out what I’m going to do about it yet. I need to wander around the plumbing department for a bit and scratch my head some more.
Finally, I got the new chipper ready to go. I jumped the tractor and let it charge the battery while I did the picture walk, then took off the brush hog and put on the new chipper. I drove it around the driveway and chipped about four branches just to be sure it worked. It did. Unfortunately it was then time to start getting ready for company that night, but all is in readiness for tomorrow.